Is equality desirable?
What does equality look like?
How do concepts of equality change over time?
What factors in society create resistance to equality?
Is equality a function of economics, culture or policy?
- 13th Amendment to the Constitution 1865
- 14th Amendment to the Constitution
- Amazing RESOURCE for RECONSTRUCTION by “Just Mercy” Author and Lawyer Activist Bryan Stevenson: Equal Justice Initiative. use this learning helper to help you explore: EQUAL JUSTICE INITIATIVE EVIDENCE SELECTION WORK
- The black codes
- Civil rights act of 1875
- Court cases that rendered it useless
- KuKluxKlan and fear as societal change
- 14th amendment to the constitution
- 15th amendment to the constitution
- Andrew Johnson – his horrible presidency; the reversal of “40 acres and a mule” and the end of reconstruction with the ….
- Election of 1876; Rutherford B. Hayes and the Republicans selling out the african americans
- Understanding Jim Crow Laws and Methodologies of removing Equality
- Socialist Movements in the united states
- Suffrage movements in the united states (women’s / civil rights)
- Communism, communist movements and the cold war
Primary Source Inquiry: Introduction to the CIVIL Rights Movement