History is an overlooked Area of Knowledge in regard to its importance. It is no coincidence that within all the dystopian novels or works of film history has been altered; for history is truth and truth is knowledge and knowledge is control.
JOURNAL ENTRY for History Unit:
What is Truth? Is truth Possible? And lastly, Why does it matter if something is true or not?
Below is a Keynote Presentation Intro’ing the History Unit and summarizing the main issues contained within:
Below is an activity corresponding to the KEYNOTE above:
Below (bottom of the page) is a collection of HISTORY readings to get our conversations started! Some important questions to consider while reading and as we move through this unit:
- Is truth in history possible?
- What role does history play in the construction of one’s identity?
- Should descendants of Evil Doers atone for the sins of their forefathers? Or are they absolved of all guilt?
- What tools do historians use to make their work as “scientific” as possible?
- Does it demean the word “scientist” to use it in referencing a historian?
- What is the purpose of historical study?
Great article on Reparations by Ta Nahesi Coates of the Atlantic: