Our Topics for Debate this Year are as follows:
Artificial intelligence will bring the end to humanity
Unregulated genetic engineering such as gene manipulation and cloning should be allowed
An animal life is less valuable than a human one.
Political Correctness only serves to coddle and weaken the mind
Capitalism is inherently immoral
We cannot be certain of anything
Preserving culture is more important than progress
- A flip of a coin will determine who goes first.
- Each student will have a one minute ‘introduction’ to their topic and their ‘beliefs’.
- The debate will last at most 12 minutes
- At the end of the debate, each student will conduct a 30 second closing statement.
- Students must be respectful and mature.
Your grade (Maximum 20 points minimum 0) will be based on the following:
- Composure (maturity)
- Facts and examples (evidence and persuasive argumentation)
- Listening skills (respectful)
- Rebuttals (on point? Or off topic?)
- Organization and clarity