Read the study below by researchers at University College (London) regarding MRI scans in response to viewing art:
After reading, consider the following:
- Does this make art more worthwhile as a pursuit in your mind?
- Does this legitimize art as a human endeavor?
- What does this say about human evolution?
Read the piece in the NY Times below elucidating research conducted by researchers at Purdue University regarding the role of test taking in moving information from short to long term memory.
While reading the piece, and at the conclusion of reading, consider the following:
- What are the strengths of the researcher’s methodology?
- What are the weaknesses of the researcher’s methodology?
- Can you think of why these results could have occurred? How would you explain the results?
- Does this mean we (teachers) should test you (students) more frequently? What are some possible implications for these findings?