Read the short story titled, “Cathedral” by the famous american author Raymond Carver linked here: cathedralraycarver
While reading the story, I want you to consider the following questions. We’ll discuss these as a Socratic Seminar next class!
- What role does perception play in the creation of knowledge in this story?
- What role does emotion play in the creation of knowledge in this story?
- At the end of the story, the husband is asked to describe a cathedral to the blind man. Why does he struggle with this?
- While the blind man and the husband are drawing, what way of knowing is guiding their drawing?
- Discuss the ending. Why the change in emotion in the husband?