Watch the incredibly informative and insightful ted talk linked below and then complete the case study! We’ll discuss the ideas contained within such as:
- Mind as different from brain
- Depression as a holistic disorder, not brain based
- Ineffectiveness of SSRI based treatments
- “Eclectic Approaches” to treatment
After watching the above video, complete the case study assignment linked below:
Depression Case study TREATMENT
Next, read the article, “A new Focus on Depression”
And consider the following:
- Summarize Dr. Richard Friedman’s attitudes towards chemical treatments for anti-depression.
- Cite 2 arguments he makes why anti-depressant medication is not very effective
- What could be the way forward in regard to treating depression if not chemicals? Cite a piece of evidence Dr. Friedman uses as support.