Read the following two pieces of stimulus material and then respond to the accompanying questions in your TOK online Journal.
Read the following re: Economics:
- What WOKs do economists use to construct knowledge?
- If their knowledge is unreliable, and they use the above WOKs, does that make those aforementioned WOKs unreliable? Why or Why Not?
- Do you agree with the author that economics should not have its own nobel prize? why or why not?
- In what way does this piece relate to Capitalism as a whole?
Next, read the following on Industrial Farming:
- Do you agree with the author’s contention that industrial farming is, “One of the Worst Crimes in History”?
- What WOKs does the author use to construct evidence for his arguments?
- How does the article on industrial farming relate to capitalism as a whole? Elaborate and integrate the concept of externalities.