Read the incredibly interesting Atlantic article titled, “The Irrationality of Alcoholics Anonymous” linked here: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/
While reading, fill out the following chart: AA Analyzed with the the goal of addressing the learning outcome, “Examine prevention strategies and treatments for substance abuse and addictive behavior”
Read the article from The Atlantic below:
and then consider the following:
- Do you think the fictional village in the rain forest is an accurate portrayal of america?
- What is the harm of such methods of press and discourse?
- What explains the Polarity within society?
- Has society always been so polar and extreme in views or is this a new thing?
- Do your friends discuss like this? Why or why not?