The 2016 Titles are Here and Copied Below!! But before you get writing, you gotta get unpacking! Use the document linked below, above the titles, to work to unpack one of the questions below! I will assign you to a question!
unpacking 2016 titles
Knowledge questions are a crucial component of the TOK curriculum. Fluency in their construction is necessary for high achievement on both the presentation and essay components of the TOK program.
So, in order to practice creating knowledge questions, you’ll go through the following exercise. This is simultaneously designed to get you to learn some cool new things about the world and “think big” Pinky Dinky Doo Style
So. The procedure is as follows:
- Go to various reputable and interesting web sites. A list of my favorites are below:
- http://www.grantland.com (sports and culture. but smart)
- Read some articles. These will be content specific. these will satisfy the “real world situation” component of both the essay and the presentation.
Generate knowledge questions inspired by your article reading. Remember, knowledge questions should be:
- About Knowledge
- Open Ended
YOU MUST GENERATE 4 KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS IN TOTAL. They MUST be linked to an article you read…so you can get 4 from one article, or 2 from one and 2 from another…or 1 from each of 4 different articles. whatever. just get 4 from a RECENT article.
The 2015 Titles are Here and Copied Below!! But before you get writing, you gotta get unpacking! Use the document linked below, above the titles, to work to unpack one of the questions below! I will assign you to a question!
Unpacking the 2015 Titles
- There is no such thing as a neutral question. Evaluate this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.
- “There are only two ways in which humankind can produce knowledge: through passive observation or through active experiment.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- “There is no reason why we cannot link facts and theories across disciplines and create a common groundwork of explanation.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- With reference to two areas of knowledge discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.
- “Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgments.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- “The whole point of knowledge is to produce both meaning and purpose in our personal lives.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
If you’re writing on title #4, you MUST read the attachment below PRIOR to writing and formulating a “plan of attack” !!!
Shared v personal knowledge
Below is further information elucidating the titles above!